Greetings everyone! My name is Mr. Tonth, your favorite P.E. teacher, not to be mistaken for Kevin Durant. Having been in public service for over 11 years, operating in an instructional capacity, I have cherished the opportunity to positively impact the youth and communities that I have serviced. Over that span, I have coached various sports teams, instructed family fitness classes, and led teen advocates in many community service initiatives. Leaning on those experiences, I will traverse into my journey as a teacher ready for any endeavor. Please enjoy the fun facts listed about myself.
* Neighborhood? Born Chicagoan from Auburn Gresham. Currently residing in Chicago Lawn's Marquette Park area.
* Cubs or Sox? Go Cubs Go!!! Being a natural born south sider, I'll still cheer for the Sox, until they play each other.
* Favorite Hobby? Playing sports of course
* What's in my IPOD? Everything, probably more R&B & Pop than the other genres.
* Quote that I'm pondering: " I'm dead in the middle of two generations, I'm little bro and big bro all at once"- J Cole
Adapting to an effervescent future generation, while maintaining the highest of standards set forth by our predecessors is the challenge that I look forward to as a teacher; hence, the reason J Cole's quote resonated so deeply.
Chicago State University -B.S., Education, Crt. P.E. K-12
Lindblom College Prep.- H.S. Diploma
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
Chicago Park District- Physical Instructor, 10 years
PHILOSOPHY OF TEACHING
Understanding the vast array of needs of today's student has led me to place great value in a teaching philosophy that is ecletic in nature.